Injured at Work? Call a Miami-Dade County Workers’ Comp Attorney!
Virtually all employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance, with few exceptions. Chances are, if you have experienced a work-related injury, that your employer has (or should have) workers’ compensation insurance. If you have questions about coverage or have run into an issue where your employer has said they do not have coverage, our Miami-Dade County workers’ compensation lawyers are standing by to offer our assistance.
The general requirements for workers’ compensation insurance in Florida are as follows:
- Construction industry businesses must have workers’ comp insurance if they have 1 or more employee.
- Non-construction industry businesses must have workers’ comp coverage if they have 4 or more employees.
- Agricultural industry businesses must carry workers’ comp insurance if they have 6 or more regular employees, or 12 or more seasonal workers.
- Out-of-state employers are required to notify their insurance carriers that they are operating in Florida and must purchase coverage in Florida if their carrier does not cover out-of-state work.
- Contractors must ensure any sub-contractors have the appropriate workers’ comp insurance coverage before they begin work.
Ready to find out if you’re covered? Call (305) 340-2630 to arrange your free consultation.
Exposing Violations of Workers’ Comp Insurance Requirements
If you were injured at work and tried to file for workers’ compensation benefits, only to find that your employer is not covered, this may be a blatant violation of Florida workers’ compensation laws. Our Miami-Dade County workers’ comp attorneys can get involved immediately to see whether your employer has done wrong and how to pursue the benefits you need. There may be other avenues of recovering financial compensation for your medical care, lost earnings, and possibly more.
Put our experience, resources, and commitment on your side – call (305) 340-2630 or contact us online. Se habla español.