Hialeah Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured By Drunk Drivers in Florida
Morales & Cerino, P.A. is your dedicated ally in the fight against the devastating impacts of drunk driving accidents. We understand the profound effect these incidents can have on the victim's life and their families. Our Hileah drunk accident attorneys are committed to ensuring that justice is served and holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
Call Morales & Cerino, P.A. today at (305) 340-2630 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our drunk driving accident attorney in Hialeah.
Common Injuries in Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk driving accidents are unfortunately common, leading to a wide range of injuries that can alter lives in an instant. The reckless decisions made by intoxicated drivers often result in very severe physical and emotional trauma for innocent victims. Some common injuries that can be sustained in a drunk driving accident may include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): The force of a collision can cause traumatic brain injuries, affecting cognitive function and potentially leading to long-term disabilities.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: High-impact accidents can result in spinal cord injuries that can cause paralysis or loss of motor functions.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: The impact of a crash can result in fractures and broken bones, requiring extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Internal Injuries: The blunt force trauma experienced in a drunk driving accident may cause internal injuries, necessitating immediate medical attention.
- Psychological Trauma: Beyond physical injuries, victims often suffer from any emotional distress, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of the event.
What Damages Could be Recovered in a Drunk Driving Accident Claim?
The damages sought in a drunk driving accident claim may include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for present and future medical costs, including surgeries, rehabilitation, medications, and therapy.
- Lost Wages: Recovering income lost due to the inability to work during recovery or long-term disability resulting from the accident.
- Property Damage: Compensation for the repair or replacement of damaged vehicles and personal property.
- Pain and Suffering: Damages for physical and emotional damage that have been caused by the accident, including pain, anxiety, and PTSD.
- Loss of Consortium: Compensation for the impact the accident has on personal relationships and companionship.
- Punitive Damages: In instances of extreme negligence or willful misconduct, punitive damages may be pursued to penalize the responsible party and discourage a similar manner in the future.
It is crucial to act promptly when filing a drunk driving accident claim in Florida, as there are legal time boundaries known as statutes of limitations that dictate the timeframe within which a lawsuit must be filed. In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including those arising from drunk driving accidents, is typically four years from the date of the incident.
However, exceptions may apply, and circumstances can vary. To ensure you meet the deadlines and protect your legal rights, it is imperative to consult with our team at Morales & Cerino, P.A., as soon as possible.
At Morales & Cerino, P.A., we are here to advocate for your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve. Our Hialeah drunk driving accident lawyers are committed to holding negligent parties accountable. We offer compassionate and aggressive representation, ensuring you receive the legal support needed during this challenging time. Let us fight for your rights while you focus on healing and rebuilding your life after a drunk driving accident.
Contact Morales & Cerino, P.A. today to get started with our Hialeah drunk driving accident lawyer.